March 10, 2009

Dustin is Preparing for the Series 7 Exam

I just want to keep everyone up to speed on my life here in North Carolina. For those of you who don't know, Cami and I decided to move here after I got a job as a financial advisor with Edward Jones. If you want to know a little more about the company I work for, you can visit their website here:

http://www.edwardjones.com/en_US/index.html

Edward Jones ranked second this year among the best companies to work for in America. However, before I can really get to work as a financial advisor, I have to pass the Series 7 exam. If I pass the Series 7 licensing exam, I will be able to trade all types of securities like corporate stocks and bonds, mutual funds, government bonds, and other fun stuff. It's a six hour test with 260 multiple choice questions. I have to score 70% or better to pass.

I'll be taking the test in May and my goal is to score 90% or better on the exam so I have a lot of work to do. Fortunately, Edward Jones has developed a special study program to help their employees pass the test. Every day I get up at about seven o'clock to exercise, study the gospel, and get ready for the day. By eight o'clock I hit the books. I study about ten hours per day with short breaks between. When I'm too exhausted to do any more, I watch an episode or two of Friends on my laptop before going to bed.

I'm really enjoying myself because I'm learning a lot and I love to learn. I also love being in North Carolina! The weather here is fantastic, the people are friendly, and our new apartment is wonderful. When I went to church on Sunday, I ran into a dear friend from several years ago who lives here now. I was thrilled to find out I already knew someone in this area! Also, I set up an appointment with the local missionaries so I can begin spreading the gospel right away. I told the Bishop and Elder's Quorum president to put me to work as well. I can't wait until Cami joins me our here so we can begin exploring the state and have lots of exciting adventures in North Carolina. I think we'll go to the beach the first chance we get!

No comments:

Post a Comment