August 31, 2009

Parallel Parking

Yes, folks, I did it! I finally made a successful parallel parking job. I know! How exciting! So exciting, in fact, I had to take a picture and blog about it... because that is how proud I am!

Growing up in a small town (no stop lights and barley any stop signs type of small town) I never... EVER... had the need for the skill of parallel parking. Well, here in the big time city, you do need to know how to parallel park. I must admit, it took me two tries and lots of coaching from Dustin (two years in NYC and he is pro at parallel parking) to get into the spot but I did finally make it! Usually I get out and we switch places and I make him park the car (how spoiled am I?) if it is necessary to parallel park. I think he got tired of it and told me it was time that I learned how. And I did it! And I did a great job!

I know it doesn't show it in this picture but there are cars in front and in back of mine. Promise! I was just trying to get a shot of how close I was to the curb. No, I did not hit the curb but rather came in nice and tight... see how pretty that is? Usually when I try, the car is practically parked in the street. But not this time! I should probably stop bragging because most likely this was just a fluke and next time, I'll be back in the street.

6 comments:

  1. Oh come on, you know you had to parallel park in front of Video One Stop - that place was always hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now try that in a truck! I HATE parallel parking!! Good job, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! I have yet to re-learn from my drivers ed class and practice. I make Matt switch me places if I ever have to. It scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I actually learned to parallel park while in college because all the parking there was that type. But to this day - I still feel a GREAT sense of accomplishment everytime I parallel park. So bravo for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you! I am like you...let the hubby do it. Parallel parking was not even part of our driving test! Guess, that's small-town for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! I am ashamed to say that I have lived in NYC all my life and cannot parallel park. I make my husband park for me.

    ReplyDelete