August 22, 2009

Remembering

A year ago today, a dear friend of mine passed away. Even though he is gone, I still think of him often and I miss him dearly. He was such a great guy and he really did leave a lasting impression on everyone that he met. I still find myself wanting to call him to chat, or talk about the upcoming Jazz season, or check up on his adorable family, or get some advice on something, or help with a really difficult math problem. And then it just makes me miss him more.

But then I just remember the good times ...and it makes me smile. Then I say a little prayer for his little family and hope that they are taken care of and that they are remembering him too.

There are the little things that really remind me of him. Like the mountains, lakes, and trees (he was a total outdoorsman with all his heart and soul). Or stuff like this cute little convenience store in Wake Forest. It reminds me of Keith for several reasons. Obviously, the name. Second, he would love this little store... it would be a great place where he could stop and get some hunting stuff, or gas for the four-wheelers, or a drink, or just to chat with the guy that owns it because we all know that he would be best friends with him too.

Even though he is not physically here, I know that he is watching out for all of us that he left behind. I see it all the time and it makes me happy to remember him.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure he is honored with your tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of him, too. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really sweet Cami. I've been thinking of him too. Hard to believe it's been a year.

    ReplyDelete