November 11, 2009

Our 30 Day Challenge

A while ago, Dustin and I decided that we would go 30 days without TV, Movies, or Video Games. I must say this was much more difficult than I thought it would be. Not because I love TV or video games, but because I love to watch movies. Even if I am sewing or working on scrapbooks, I like to have a video playing in the background, just for noise mostly. Or watch 30 minutes before I go to bed. Or while I'm cooking dinner.

So instead of listening to a movie, I turned on the classical station. I must say, I have never ever ever in my life enjoyed classical music...until we moved here and I found this station. It is so relaxing... and who couldn't use that in their daily life.

There were many blessings that came from this challenge, but these are just a few.

-Dustin and I spent way more time together, talking and learning together.
- We were both able to get new and improved jobs, that most likely we wouldn't have gotten had we been watching movies instead of hunting for job.
- I spent more time crafting, always a bonus!
- Our house was always clean. (okay so maybe not always, but cleaner than it usually is)
- The kitties got more attention and now they are more spoiled than they were before.
- We spent more time exploring NC.
- I read books! Lots of books. 7 total. I'm not much of a reader, I do enjoy it, but I'd rather spend my time crafting. So this challenge game me the opportunity to learn to love to read.

Now our challenge is over (it has been for a while) and I'm so grateful that we decided to do this together. We both learned so much from this experience and we were truly blessed from it.

4 comments:

  1. You don't like classical music? After all the hours I made you listen and pick out the different instruments? Unbelievable! I never would have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge! I've read Knit Two and found it to be fun. I have Julie and Julia, but just haven't read it yet.

    I don't watch much tv now as is...usually much too tired by the time I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love classical music too! There are no radio stations here, so I have to listen to Sirius satellite radio on Dish Network. I'm also an avid reader, happy to hear you enjoyed your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really inspiring - I may have to try it. (Norm would certainly be happier:)

    KK

    ReplyDelete