April 8, 2010

Myrtle Beach - Take Two

Last time we visited Myrtle Beach we loved it! Well, I was able to enjoy it (and LOVED it), but Dustin spent most of his time in meetings and conferences. Boring! From what he was able to spend at the beach though, he loved it too.This time we were able to enjoy it together, as well as with Dustin's parents. During the first of March, they had come to Myrtle Beach for a short vacation so we drove down to spend a few days with them. It was so nice to have a short mini-vacation and get to see family at the same time.

The beach is just gorgeous! There are so many seashells (the Klein's found a few sand dollars! I've never found one but it is on my list of things to do before I die!) you can spend hours just walking up and down the beach looking for seashells. And we did! We also spent some time walking out to the pier and talking with random people about fishing.
We were also able to break out the fantastic kite we purchased for just such occasions! It is a super duty kite that took off like a champ with no help from us! We let it out all the way and have decided we need to get additional extension string to add to it so it will really soar! These pictures were taken when we were reeling it in. Trust me, it went a lot higher than it looks in the photos.

Mostly we just spent time catching up and relaxing. Oh, and playing lots and lots of board games. Like Lord of the Rings Risk. Which I won!

I also found my new favorite restaurant (also a bonus, there is one in Raleigh near us!)... The Bonefish Grill! Oh, so yummy! Just thinking of it makes my mouth water. If you want delicious seafood, eat at the Bonefish Grill. I ate so much that I was full for two days. Seriously, is it possible that my mouth is watering just thinking of this place? Oh, it was so good!!!!

Thanks to the Klein's for letting us come crash your vacation! It was really nice to get to see you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! We had soooo much fun! We really must do this more often (I can't believe I'm saying that after just getting home from Raleigh:) Can we stop by next month:)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are blogging again! Beautiful pictures - I especially love the ones with the kites. Will you add me to your private blog list? brendaneuberger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete