May 17, 2010

NC Museum of Art


Dustin first visited the NC Museum of Art when he moved to NC and I was still in Utah. After I moved out, we went together, only to find out that the museum was in the middle of construction for a new building and half of the exhibits were not open for viewing. We patiently waited until the new building was finished before attempting to visit this museum again, and I'm glad we did.

We went for a visit this weekend: beautiful new building, natural lighting, and lots of art work to see. I must admit, I'm not much of an art person. I can't sit and stare at a modern work of art for hours on end and feel totally moved when I'm done. It just isn't me. But I can appreciate the hard work that goes into creating these masterpieces. My favorite piece - an original Monet - definitely worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment