June 13, 2010

Susan G. Komen - Race for the Cure 2010

I've never in my life ran a 5K! Ever! That all changed this past Saturday when Dustin and I ran in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.Just recently, my Aunt Katherine passed away after fighting a long battle with cancer. I wanted to do something in her memory that would help me to always remember her. She truly was an amazing lady, with so much spunk and personality. She was an amazing crafter and taught me so much about quilting. So, in her memory, Dustin and I ran. Thanks to so many generous donations from our friends and family, we were able to raise $230* towards the fight against breast cancer. I'm so thankful to all you who donated. Our goal was $150 and we totally shot that out of the park!

Dustin stayed by my side the entire race, even though I am a much slower runner than he is and was so supportive. I don't think I could have done this without him. But we did it! And I was able to finish at a faster time than my goal. I will always think of Aunt Katherine every time I run... every time I think of my first 5K race.... every time I see one of those pink ribbons.... and mostly, every time I quilt. Hopefully, there will be many more races in my future!

P.S. If you would still like to donate, you can do so by clicking here!

*Final tallies are in and we raised $330! That's fantastic! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of those who supported us!

No comments:

Post a Comment