August 10, 2010

Weekend Visitors - The Schramer's

Our friends, Matt & Brittnee, came to visit us this past weekend. I have missed them so much and it was nice to get to see them again. Three whole days with them all to ourselves. I hope they didn't get too sick of us. Are they not just the cutest!?We are trying to convince them that Raleigh is the place to be and that they should move here. So they came to check it out. Our first day plans were ruined by lots of rain. So we started over from scratch and took them around town to a few of our favorite places (like Dustin's favorite bookstore, the Cameron Bar & Grill, and even showed them my favorite house).

The next day, we packed a picnic lunch and headed to the beach. One of the great things about being in Raleigh is that it is only a couple hours to the beach, and a couple hours to the mountains. We took them to Wrightsville Beach and spent the day playing in the water, flying kites, taking photos, taking naps on the beach (the boys) and searching for seashells.After the boys woke up from napping, we headed into Wilmington to explore the town. Such a cute charming town with, quite possibly, the best waffle ice cream cones EVER! Of course we had to get some... And then we devoured them.... And then I had a major sugar rush.Doesn't this ATM look like a really sketchy? It is just like a hole in the wall. Seriously, is it even real? We didn't want to test our luck and try it.After partying at the beach, we headed back to Raleigh. By the time we got there, it was dinner time, so we stopped at the Melting Pot (Dustin's old work) for some cheese and chocolate. I'm still craving the chocolate and it is weeks later - soooo good!!!The next day, Dustin headed off to work, and we all headed to Lake Lynn. It is really close to our house, and is filled with walking trails and lots of wild animals (like turtles, geese, and baby ducks). (all these photos are from Brittnee, I left my camera at home that day - silly me) We then headed over to have another picnic lunch with Dustin.After lunch, we went to Durham to visit the Duke Chapel, and the Duke Gardens. Very lovely. I've never been there before, so it was a fun experience to see all the lovely gardens. But I must say, the Chapel is by far one of my favorite places to visit. It is so beautiful and I could spend hours there just admiring the architecture.We had time for one last stop before they had to be to the airport, so we stopped at Amelia's to get some dessert and check out a few of the shops at Brightleaf Square.

The trip went by way too fast. We had so much fun having them visit and showing them around Raleigh. We miss them already - but we are grateful for the time we were able to spend with them.

Hopefully they will come again soon!

2 comments:

  1. You hit all my favorite spots and many more that I'd love to visit. I'm sure you certainly convinced them!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun! Thanks again, I'm so happy to see you blogged about it. Guess what, I am back:)

    ReplyDelete