November 1, 2010

Horseback Riding

Over the past four weeks, Dustin and I have had a lovely view such as this.Yep, we signed up for four weeks of riding lessons. I know, for those of you that know me, you are probably thinking this is crazy talk. Why on earth would I need riding lessons? Well, because I married a man who hasn't spent any time on horses. And because it was to learn how to ride English style. And because... it was AWESOME!And can I just say that riding English style is very difficult. And not so much comfortable. I'd much prefer the comforts of a bulky western saddle. We were extremely sore after every lesson. It takes muscles to ride English, and muscles that don't get enough use in my body apparently.
How handsome is this guy?

At the end of our lessons, we were actually sad that it was over, but excited that we were able to have this kind of an adventure. Maybe one day, we will actually own a horse that we can ride whenever we want (western style of course).

4 comments:

  1. Ooh fun! I heard rumors about you guys doing this but it's fun to see pictures. Looks like fun! Nice boots Dustin! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! We better not let Kelsie know . . . all her life she's wanted horse riding lessons! She's long outgrown her little cowboy boots - we'd have to find her another pair.

    Looks like you're both having a great time. What a fun opportunity! See you in like 8 days!!

    ((hugs))

    ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure for the two of you - looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How random of you guys, I love it!!! It sounds like fun. See that is why we like you guys so much :)

    ReplyDelete