April 29, 2011

New York City - Day 4

Finally on Day 4 we got some decent weather and we took full advantage. First up, a the Statue of Liberty, with the stop at Ellis Island. I honestly can't believe how small the statue really is.  I guess it just seems larger in the movies. 
Awe- the matching hats!


After visiting Ellis Island, I definitely got the family history bug again.  I also got the urge to watch Titanic. You know, the one with Leo and Kate.  Don't really know why.

Ellis Island was amazing.  I really enjoyed walking through all the rooms and seeing the different pictures and such that they have up. So much history there.  This was my second trip to Ellis Island and I loved it just as much the second time as I did the first.
I always wanted to be one of those people that knit while on the subway.  Now I am!
Third trip to the Flat Iron building. I told you it was Dustin's favorite!

We had read about a great hamburger place - the shake shake - in Madison Square Park, so we decided to give it a try.  Rated the highest on trip adviser, so we figured we could go wrong.  Well, that was until we spent over an hour waiting in line.  Seriously, I don't know of any burger that is worth that wait.  We ended up heading back to Goodburger when Dustin's food from the Shack came out raw.  Mine was done, and it was good, but not an hour's wait good.
Next up we took a visit to Grand Central Terminal.  We had come before, but just for a few minutes, so we made a second trip to take in more of its beauty.  Highlight of today?  Juniors Cheesecakes!  OH SO YUMMY! Seriously, this stuff is heaven on earth!  The best part was I could order it without the crust.

We had some daylight left, so we headed out to see the Chrysler Building before calling it quits for the night.  Another really long day, but so worth it.



1 comment:

  1. Wow somehow I missed all of these New York posts too and it looks like a lot of fun! You guys got to see everything! I hope Greg and I can make it out there for a good trip.

    ReplyDelete