November 26, 2012

Zuzu's Petals


I finally got around to having D take some photos of my finished knits for me.  I have quite a few that have been finished, but I just needed some photos taken.  This cowl I actually started way back in May.  I splurged and purchased some Madelinetosh DK for my birthday and had been waiting for the perfect project for it (the gray hat is also knit out of MadTosh and I'll post about that later).  When I saw the Zuzu's Petals pattern, I knew MadTosh would be fantastic for this project!

This was my first time working with Madelinetosh, and I must say it did not disappoint!  If I get the chance to work with it again, I will definitely will.  However, I am still a Malabrigo fan and it will remain my go-to- yarn. Madelinetosh is a very nice yarn, and really was perfect for this project. It is super soft so it is perfect for next-to-skin type projects. And the color is amazing!

This pattern is very interesting. It creates the look of a shawlette but it is in the form of a cowl - the benefits of both worlds!  It stays in place like a cowl would, but is able to show off the amazing lace pattern like a shawlette would.  The pattern was really easy to follow and it knits up quickly.

Thankfully it is now winter time and I can start getting lots of use out of this cowl.   

Pattern: Zuzu's Petals by Carina Spencer
Yarn: Madelinetosh DK in colorway Isadora
Needles: US 7
Date Started: May 17, 2012
Date Finished: July 11, 2012
Made For: Mad May Project for Me.
Modifications: I started out on a size 6 needle and it was way too small, couldn't fit it over my head. So I frogged it and started again with a size 7 needle.  Much better!  Followed the pattern straight forward aside from the needle change. 

1 comment:

  1. This cowl looks amazingly like the one your mum's been wanting. Imagine that! ~Madre

    ReplyDelete